[j-nsp] L3 to the rack and L2 services over MPLS

Sebastian Wiesinger juniper-nsp at ml.karotte.org
Thu Nov 27 02:59:52 EST 2014

Is there any switch in the portfolio that would give you the ability
to do L3 to the rack and still have multipoint L2 services implemented
over it? VPLS or even better EVPN as L2 MPLS service would be
required.

My perfect setup would be: L3 to the rack switch with BGP and MPLS on
top. Then over that implement your standard MPLS services for L2.

I was unable to find such a device. It seems that if you want to do L2
services you need to lock yourself into QFabric or VCF. Vendor lock-in
is something I want to avoid if possible. It's really annoying that
they use the same technics under the hood in their fabrics but you
can't do it without the fabric.

Any thoughts?

Sebastian

--
GPG Key: 0x93A0B9CE (F4F6 B1A3 866B 26E9 450A  9D82 58A2 D94A 93A0 B9CE)
            -- Terry Pratchett, The Fifth Elephant