[j-nsp] Disabling logging for chassisd

James james at towardex.com
Sat Nov 29 03:06:19 EST 2014

Hello,

Is it possible to disable 'chassisd' from keep writing to /var/log/chassisd?  Using [ system syslog ] configuration to redirect to a syslog server or limit verbosity doesn't seem to have any effect.

I've got an EX4300 running buggy 13.2X50 version which falsely complains about over-temperature and missing PSUs on a perfectly working device.  Unfortunately, it's going to take me a while longer before I could take down the switch to upgrade JUNOS for a fix..  In the meanwhile, /var/log/chassisd keeps getting written every 3-5 seconds with junk messages, is there a way to temporarily turn that off?

Thank you,
James