[j-nsp] MPC3E oversubscribe rate with two 10x10GE MICs

Robert Hass robhass at gmail.com
Sun Nov 30 18:22:11 EST 2014

Hi
I'm currently using MPC3E with one 10x10GE MICs in my MX480 and MX960
routers.

I need to add 10GE ports, if I will put second 10x10GE MIC in existing
MPC3E what will be oversubscribe rate ? I'm not sure but docs says about
200Gbps for MPC3E then It should be wire-speed if docs claims full-duplex
or 1:2 if docs claims half-duplex.

What is best solution (from price point of view) to have 16 x 10GE in 1
slot on MX480/MX960 ? MPC3E + 10x10GE MICs or something different ?

Rob