[j-nsp] Changing the ISO NET ID

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Tue Oct 7 01:19:35 EDT 2014

On Monday, October 06, 2014 11:48:26 PM John Neiberger
wrote:

> I have a couple of MX960s that have the wrong NET and I
> need to update them. This is a production network. What
> is the best way to handle this? Do I need to disable
> ISIS first or can I just change the ISO address on
> loopback0?
>
> My thought is that I need to disable ISIS, change the ISO
> address, then re-enable ISIS. Pretty straightforward,
> but I thought I'd check with you all to see if you knew
> of any gotchas.

The last time I did this we just changed the NET without
disabling IS-IS first.

It still caused a bump in the IS-IS adjacencies for that
particular box. To be expected.

Just ensure you don't end up mistakenly assigning the same
NET to more than one IS (especially on LAN's or adjacent
IS's). Seems obvious, but... :-).

Mark.