[j-nsp] Juniper MX Upgrade / Configuration question

Haynes, Matthew mhaynes at lightower.com
Tue Oct 14 10:15:18 EDT 2014

Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone knows where a MX router stores the boot configuration its going to use after you load a new version of code on the router.

I have verified that its not using /config/juniper.conf.gz when its loading a new version of code.

My problem is that I didn't get to finish all my upgrades this weekend but we had already loaded the software on the routers. If we provision any new services those will be lost should a reboot occur for some unknown reason. Otherwise I'd just re-add the software and force it to make a new copy of the configuration its going to boot up with.

Thanks in advance,

Matt