[j-nsp] CoS on iSCSI ports

Mike Gonnason gonnason at gmail.com
Tue Oct 14 19:49:28 EDT 2014

For my iSCSI stuff, I have been disabling pause frames as they are not
really beneficial for my situation. I had a NetApp (forget what model) that
would saturate a 10Gb link and the Juniper would send a pause frame with
the result of dropping all connections across that trunk. Not very helpful.

You can try modifying the NC class and alter how the scheduling is
performed. in section 21 you can see 5% is specified for the NC scheduler.

http://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/junos13.2/topics/example/cos-ex-series-configuring.html

-Mike Gonnason