[j-nsp] controlling the source IP for the Dns Proxy feature

Ben Dale bdale at comlinx.com.au
Wed Oct 15 18:50:44 EDT 2014

I've certainly had no issue with stability using route-based VPN.

As far as multiple subnet (proxy-id / traffic selectors) support, as of 12.1X46-D10 this is now native in Junos -

http://kb.juniper.net/InfoCenter/index?page=content&id=KB28820

and is dead simple to configure.

If you're a little gun shy on 12.1X code and are still running old-faithful builds like 11.4RLate, then there are a couple of options:

- If your subnets are contiguous, just widen the mask to include them in a single crypto-map on the Cisco side (even if that means widening the mask a LOT)

- If your subnets are arbitrarily selected from different RFC1918 blocks (DOH!), then create separate P2 bindings for each subnet:

http://kb.juniper.net/InfoCenter/index?page=content&id=KB20543

just be aware that this will only work if the multiple subnets are on the Cisco side (which seems to be true in your case)

There are a few other hacks out there using FBF as well.  J-NET has some good material:

http://forums.juniper.net/t5/SRX-Services-Gateway/SRX-multiple-proxy-ID-on-route-based-VPN-with-multiple-local/td-p/172002/page/2

Cheers,

Ben