[j-nsp] SRX AppFW issue

Yuriy B. Borysov yokodzun at yokodzun.kiev.ua
Wed Oct 22 07:13:02 EDT 2014

Hello!

I have configured application-firewall on SRX220H (12.1X45-D15.5).

Configuration is below:

security application-firewall
rule-sets common-customers {
    rule soc-net {
        match {
            dynamic-application-group [ junos:social-networking junos:web:social-networking ];
        }
        then {
            deny;
        }
    }
    rule bt-block {
        match {
            dynamic-application-group [ junos:p2p junos:p2p:file-sharing junos:web:p2p junos:web:p2p:file-sharing ];
        }
        then {
            deny;
        }
    }
    rule unknow-staff {
        match {
            dynamic-application junos:UNSPECIFIED-ENCRYPTED;
        }
        then {
            deny;
        }
    }
    default-rule {
        permit;
    }
}

security policies from-zone trust to-zone untrust
policy trust-to-untrust {
    match {
        source-address any;
        destination-address any;
        application any;
    }
    then {
        permit {
            application-services {
                application-firewall {
                    rule-set common-customers;
                }
            }
        }
    }
}

All necessary licenses and signatures installed.

But when I go to facebook.com or vk.com, pages open.

And the counters on the rule "soc-net" show 0:

# run show security application-firewall rule-set all
Rule-set: common-customers
    Rule: soc-net
        Dynamic Application Groups: junos:social-networking, junos:web:social-networking
        Action:deny
        Number of sessions matched: 0
        Number of sessions redirected: 0
    Rule: bt-block
        Dynamic Application Groups: junos:p2p, junos:p2p:file-sharing, junos:web:p2p, junos:web:p2p:file-sharing
        Action:deny
        Number of sessions matched: 95863
        Number of sessions redirected: 0
    Rule: unknow-staff
        Dynamic Applications: junos:UNSPECIFIED-ENCRYPTED
        Action:deny
        Number of sessions matched: 19296
        Number of sessions redirected: 0
Default rule:permit
        Number of sessions matched: 172311
        Number of sessions redirected: 0
Number of sessions with appid pending: 241

Where am I wrong?

Thanks!

--
WBR, Yuriy B. Borysov