[j-nsp] EX9200 DHCP Relay

Ben Dale bdale at comlinx.com.au
Fri Sep 19 00:19:03 EDT 2014

SELECTING means that an OFFER has been sent to the client (or at least the switch thinks it has relayed it), but the REQUEST hasn't come back from the client.

I have seen this in some instances where the client is expecting a Unicast reply from the relay agent rather than a broadcast or vice-versa - fix with:

set forwarding-options dhcp-relay overrides layer2-unicast-replies

Nice tip on the route-suppression statement William - that one has been annoying me for a while with JDHCPd on the SRX...

Cheers,

Ben