[j-nsp] mx80 napt-44 with ms-mic on 13.2R5

ryanL ryan.landry at gmail.com
Wed Sep 24 12:37:52 EDT 2014

thanks for the replies, folks. indeed it was the no-translation thing that
is hanging up the commit, and not the reported napt-44 statement. silly
defect.

i'm using this now:

    rule NAT-RULE1 {
        match-direction input;
        term term-2 {
            from {
                source-address {
                    10.0.0.0/8;
                }
                destination-address {
                    0.0.0.0/0;
                    10.0.0.0/8 except;  #<---- (good suggestion)
                }
            }
            then {
                translated {
                    source-pool NP2;
                    translation-type {
                        napt-44;

and that seems to commit ok.

however, implementing this on customer-facing interfaces broke the
customer, dropped BGP sessions, etc. my goal is to only nat traffic if it
is sourced from 10/8 and destined to anything other than 10/8. the NAT pool
is a static discard route exported in iBGP to ensure that this router
attracts return internet traffic in order to keep proper state.

what am i doing wrong? the documentation is quite poor for this module's
implementation, and sadly i don't have a lab to play with.

On Wed, Sep 24, 2014 at 2:13 AM, Alexander Arseniev <arseniev at btinternet.com