[j-nsp] Dear Juniper...

Michael Loftis mloftis at wgops.com
Thu Sep 25 18:08:19 EDT 2014

On Thu, Sep 25, 2014 at 1:10 PM, Scott Granados <scott at granados-llc.net> wrote:
> I’ll take marketing people run amuck for 1000 Alex.

Even with marketing...like it's horrible design, so much scrolling to
see anything.  And I'm not on a low res display (like a lot of
techs... MBP Retina is my main "desktop" most of the time) - it's like
their web team only ever looked at it on a big 27" display.

I knew a lot of "us" in the engineering community were thinking this
but I really had to speak out.  I think they should get tarred and
feathered for it personally.  But I obviously, yes, am not their
target customer market for the web site by a long shot anymore.

The whole Co. used to be focused on technical excellence...now it's
about how to get the buzzwords....lockin vertical integration, etc.
And sell more boxes -- MX960, EX9214 - same chassis  one does = the
other || -- even the MIC's you can't keep same spares because they
idprom code differently.  It's retarded that one has to order one
2x40G MIC part for the EX and a different for the MX, the slot is the
same, the MIC is the same, damn boards have the same P/N.  Only
difference is the idprom flash.  Stupid.

into trouble of all kinds."
-- Samuel Butler