[j-nsp] Juniper authorization with tacacs+

Ivan Ivanov ivanov.ivan at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 06:26:47 EDT 2015

Hi Sukhjit,

The idea with local templates is that you configure couple of them or more
with different privileges. Then using the ACS you control which user which
template to inherit. If you look in the link you will see that those local
templates look like users but they do not have authentication attached. So
he only way to be used is if they are pushed from authentication server.

For example you configure two templates with different privileges and
assign hundred users from ACS to one of them and other hundred to the
other. That is why they are called templates.

This is usually how is done on Junos to have users with different
privileges authenticated via RADIUS or TACACS+ servers.

I hope now is more clear to you!
Ivan,

--
Best Regards!