[j-nsp] Juniper authorization with tacacs+

Sukhjit Hayre sukhjit.hayre at googlemail.com
Tue Apr 14 17:23:59 EDT 2015

appreciate the advice and you seem to have a nice setup.

I would still refer back to original post, specifically:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/secure-access-control-system/115926-tacacs-radius-devices-00.html

Cisco advise "The values of the allow-commands, allow-configuration,
deny-commands, and deny-configuration attributes can be entered in regex
format. The values that these attributes are set to are in addition to the
operational/configuration mode commands authorized by the user's login
class permissions bits."

So what their saying here is as well as the local class-permission bits in JUNOS then these attributes will compliment that policy and in my view giving the user the control in ACS to control user permissions..

Only a packet capture will show what's really going on, and whether or not Junos is bothered with the option if at all they're being sent via TACACS+ from ACS