[j-nsp] iBGP and IPv6

Jonathan Call lordsith49 at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 15 11:43:24 EDT 2015

Correct.  The BGP route for the router's IPv4 loopback is marked as hidden/unusable. It does not show up in show route extensive output.

I'm surprised/annoyed that either one shows up at all. From what I've read in the JNCIP study guide, when router1 is announcing its loopback route (or any other route) via IBGP to router2, router2 shouldn't be re-advertising it back to router1 via IBGP. At least in the case of the IPv4 address it gets marked as hidden/unusable by router1.

Jonathan