[j-nsp] QFX5100 issues with IPv6 hashing

Anton Yurchenko ayurchenko at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 20:26:10 EDT 2015

Hi All,

I am seeing issues with QFX5100, hashing of IPv6 traffic over ECMP paths
is very bad.
In my case I have an ECMP over 3x40Gig links, and sending 180x10Mbit
UDPv6 flows over them. First 40G gets ~300mbit, second ~600 and third ~900.
IPv4 hashing is fine ~5% variance in traffic levels.

I have enabled hashing on L3/L4 and layer2-payload but no avail.

It seems that protocol/ports are not taken into account at all. If I
start traffic from just one IP with 30 flows, they will all end up on a
single link.

Seeing this on 13.2X51-D35.3 and 14.1X53-D25.2 releases.

Here is my hashing config:

load-balance {
     indexed-load-balance;
}
hash-key {
     family inet {
         layer-3;
         layer-4;
     }
}
enhanced-hash-key {
     hash-mode {
         layer2-payload;
     }
}

Wondering if anybody have seen something similar or have seen it working
properly.

Thanks!