[j-nsp] Aggregated policing question

Amarjeet Singh techie.logging at gmail.com
Sat Apr 18 07:54:30 EDT 2015

# If policer is called in FF and even if that FF is applied to multiple
interfaces (but those interfaces share same PFE then) it only creates
single instance.

# When policer is called in a FF and in different terms of that FF then it
creates unique instance of policer for each term.
To override it we can use knob "filter specific" it creates single instance
for that FF regardless policer is called in different/multiple terms.

# If needed to rate-limit the combined traffic of multiple VLANS of
physical interface then use "physical-interface-knob" like i mentioned in
earlier example.

Br, Amarjeet