[j-nsp] Thoughts on MX80 v MX104 RE performance

Raphael Mazelier raph at futomaki.net
Mon Apr 20 11:09:44 EDT 2015

Le 20/04/15 16:38, Mike Williams a écrit :

> And relatedly, has anyone heard any recent rumours around when Junos might
> take advantage of the second CPU?
>  From the Freescale docs both CPUs are dual-core.

I'll be very interested in some benchmarks of the actual mx104 RE.
There two rumours :

  - an intel based RE for the mx104 (will make the perfect small router)
for 2016 perhaps ?

  - an new junos realease SMP aware : probabily 100%, but afaik it will
not concerned rpd, but it will only enable the fact that rpd run on one
core, and other process on other one. Will be appreciable for sampled
anyway. release in 15.0 ?

Regards,

--
Raphael Mazelier