[j-nsp] JTAC Recommended Junos Software Versions Old?

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Thu Apr 30 11:40:11 EDT 2015

On (2015-04-30 15:33 +0100), Sascha Luck [ml] wrote:

Hey,

> >So what version does the community recommend for an MX80. Looking to make
> >the jump from 12.3 to 13.3.
>
> Does anyone have experience with 14.2 on MX80 yet?

Other than the AS65535 issue and ipfix/flow memleak, it looks fine for my
use-cases. 14.2R3 which should have been released yesterday should address
both these issues. And we are going to move to 14.2R3 heavily, unless we find
breaking issues.
I'm pretty excited on some of the features 14.2 got, for example the flexible
firewall filter is so nice. I love conceptually the idea that you don't
unnecessarily limit your HW in your SW.

Still missing segment routing on JunOS though, can't wait, and I hope they
don't screw it up. Setting anycast label in FW filter based on DCU/SCU seems
really exciting.

--
  ++ytti