[j-nsp] l2circuit between ASR9k and MX80

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Sat Aug 1 06:49:19 EDT 2015

On (2015-08-01 12:21 +0200), Marcin Kurek wrote:

Hey Marcin,

> Thanks for your reply. This is strange, even if it is pushing 3101 again,
> there should be two VLAN tags in a frame received by MX - outer 3101 and
> inner dummy tag.

What dummy tag? Is there [ SVLAN CVLAN ] stack coming to the CSCO, or just
[ SVLAN ]?

If just SVLAN, then this should happen

a) 3101 comes to CSCO from LAN
b) CSCO pops 3101
c) CSCO detects its VLAN EoMPLS and pushes 3101 back
d) Frame sent to MPLS WAN
e) JNPR gets it, does not nothing, sends out to LAN

And reverse

a) 3101 comes to JNPR from LAN
b) JNPR does nothing
c) CSCO gets it
d) CSCO rewrite 3101 to 3101 due to VLAN mode detected

If there were CVLAN in in addition to SVLAN, it would be left untouched, and
would be seen after SVLAN.

Adding 'output-vlan-map swap' on JNPR would allow the config to work with
mismatching SVLANs in either end.