[j-nsp] MPLS LDP router-id

Mohammad Khalil eng.mssk at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 17:42:47 EDT 2015

Hi all
I have a cisco/juniper case

According to what I know , the router can only have one LDP router-id

I have one of my PEs (Cisco) configured with a private IP address (loopback
0) and is configured as MPLS LDP router-id

I have a new connection with an uplink provider with Juniper being his
terminating device

The provider insists to use public router-id from my side , I configured a
new one and advertised it to him through the BGP session we established ,
but the LDP session never come up

I have tested the same case with Cisco on gns3 , even If he cannot reach my
actual router-id , I can use the mpls ldp discovery transport-address
{public address} and the session is up , as well as , I configured xconnect
using the public router-id and all is fine

Have anyone faced something similar ?