[j-nsp] Reboot: right or wrong ?

james list jameslist72 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 13 02:57:01 EDT 2015

Gents,

I’m looking for an expected behavior.

A customer of mine runs periodically disaster recovery test and I’m not
sure he follows the correct procedure in shutdown the devices (MX, EX, SRX).

After a correct halting (request system halt) on all the involved devices,
he usually turn-down power.

I suspect he do not wait the correct time before power-down… and hence he
power down before halting is completed….

In case of normal operation (halt + wait right time + power down) what
should I’ve to expect as output of show chassis routing-engine ?

1)      Last reboot reason             0x1:power cycle/failure

2)      Last reboot reason             Router rebooted after a normal
shutdown.

I’d say 2) but I’m not sure about that….

I really appreciate any feedback/comment/experience...

Greetings

James