[j-nsp] Cisco ASR 9001 vs Juniper MX104

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Tue Dec 1 00:51:17 EST 2015

On 30/Nov/15 22:56, Amos Rosenboim wrote:

> I don't think ASR1K is comparable to MX.

I think the ASR1000 is comparable to the MX104 specifically.

Both are platforms that are suited to a mix of Ethernet and non-Ethernet
ports in a cost-effective manner.

Where the ASR1000 edges our the MX104 is that there are various variants
of the chassis, supporting low-, mid- and high-end forwarding
capacities, native additional services such as IPSec, NAT, e.t.c.

> The Juniper platform we position against ASR1K is the Juniper SRX.

That is not really the ideal comparison, if you ask me. If you want to
pit something against the SRX, for better or worse, I'd do the ASA.

Mark.