[j-nsp] 100Gb Third Party optics

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Thu Dec 3 06:58:11 EST 2015

Hey,

You need to be more specific. 100G optics is moving target. CFP stuff
is quite mature, QSFP28 is another matter.

Which makes me want to ask, who are building QSFP28 LR4 in volume
/TODAY/? I /think/:

http://www.sourcephotonics.com/
http://www.forara.com/

and /maybe/
http://kaiamcorp.com/

Are these correct? Are there others? Flexoptix tells they cannot
disclose whose QSFP28 they are selling, which for me is kind of a show
stopper. So if anyone has them, let me know manufacturer.

On 3 December 2015 at 10:53, kevin gannon <kevin at gannons.net> wrote:
> Good Morning,
> Just wondering what has peoples experience been in using 3rd party optics
> for 100G links , please ? Especially Flexoptics ones.
>
> I would be specially interested in anyones experience with Flexoptics. I am
> getting noise from Juniper about a difference stance towards 100G 3rd
> party. They are very grown up about other optics but not 100G for some
> reason.
>
> Thanks and regards
> Kevin

  ++ytti