[j-nsp] MAC filter on EX switches

Tim St. Pierre tim at communicatefreely.net
Wed Dec 9 10:42:46 EST 2015

Hello list,

Does anyone know if it's possible to configure an EX switch, such as an
EX 2200 to filter ingress based on MAC address?

It's important that the switch just drop disallowed MAC addresses, but
not shut down the port.  We have a network device that is sporadically
using the wrong mac address as the source, and when it goes into a Cisco
switch at a peering exchange, they shutdown our port for half an hour
because of the cisco MAC security.

We would like to put an EX in there to filter it while we figure out
what's causing it.

Thanks!

--
Tim St. Pierre