[j-nsp] MAC filter on EX switches

Aaron aaron1 at gvtc.com
Wed Dec 9 12:38:11 EST 2015

I was unable to find an example in that web page and others I just tried to
look for online ... an example that would deny only one mac and allow all
others... which I believe is what Tim was looking to accomplish.  I just dug
into my notes and tried this... seems to make sense to me, BUT USE WITH
CAUTION please Tim, et al, as I haven't tested it and don't know the full
effects of it yet... plus I'm fairly new to the Junos world...so...

someone more experienced than me please let us know if there is a better way
to accomplish such a scenario.

Set mode...

set firewall family ethernet-switching filter deny-a-mac term term1 from
source-mac-address aa:bb:cc:dd:ee:ff/48
set firewall family ethernet-switching filter deny-a-mac term term1 then
discard
set firewall family ethernet-switching filter deny-a-mac term term2 then
accept

set interfaces ge-0/0/11 unit 0 family ethernet-switching filter input
deny-a-mac
-----------------
Stanza mode, or whatever it's called...

gvtc at eng-lab-ex4550-1# show | compare
[edit interfaces]
+   ge-0/0/11 {
+       unit 0 {
+           family ethernet-switching {
+               filter {
+                   input deny-a-mac;
+               }
+           }
+       }
+   }
[edit]
+  firewall {
+      family ethernet-switching {
+          filter deny-a-mac {
+              term term1 {
+                  from {
+                      source-mac-address {
+                          aa:bb:cc:dd:ee:ff/48;
+                      }
+                  }
+                  then discard;
+              }