[j-nsp] NETCONF in Junos

Stepan Kucherenko twh at megagroup.ru
Thu Dec 24 04:24:07 EST 2015

 > Looks like an implementation issue.  Our UI infrastructure allows
 > our programmers to define completion functions to list acceptable
 > values.  Some schmuck's coded the completion function as this "sh -c show
 > route summary| ..." command.
 >
 > This is definitely not typical.  More typically, we run something like
 > "ifinfo -n" or look at internal MGD info.  This completion for the
"table"
 > argument is just some suboptimal code.
 >
 > Note that the ssh-connection information being logged does not mean
 > that we're invoking a new ssh session, just that we're reporting
 > the current info.

Huh. Interesting. Now that explains why it logs in as root but shows my
ssh connection data. It does incur a huge performance penalty even
without ssh though.

My script that goes through all border routers and asks them for routes
from all bgp peers to a specific destination was extremely slow until
I've removed " table inet.0" from it, so I thought that it might
actually ssh to itself in some strange way.

Then again, it starts cli as root which is an expensive operation in itself.

Well...every system has its quirks. And was written by people, some of
whom are lazy and/or motivated by deadline.