[j-nsp] juniper hack news

Hugo Slabbert hugo at slabnet.com
Sat Dec 26 16:16:27 EST 2015

On Sat 2015-Dec-26 07:58:47 -0800, Chris Cappuccio <chris at nmedia.net>
wrote:

>Hugo Slabbert [hugo at slabnet.com] wrote:
>> >Does this affect any other juniper gear ?
>>
>> Not as of this moment, no.  It's limited to ScreenOS.
>>

>Sorry, this is false. It's clear in the documentation that
>JunOS was targeted as well.

Not by any means to discourage people from doing their own due diligence
and vetting for themselves whether their gear is affected, but either you
or I are reading different sources, or the holidays are affecting my
reading comprehension even more than I thought...

http://forums.juniper.net/t5/Security-Incident-Response/Important-Announcement-about-ScreenOS/ba-p/285554

https://kb.juniper.net/InfoCenter/index?page=content&id=JSA10713&cat=SIRT_1&actp=LIST&smlogin=true

https://adamcaudill.com/2015/12/17/much-ado-about-juniper/

> This morning, Juniper Networks announced an out-of-cycle update for their
> ScreenOS firewall operating system (not the newer Junos[1]) to patch two
> unrelated issues (both identified as CVE-2015-7755):

Am I missing something that indicates this is known to affect Junos as
well?

--
Hugo

hugo at slabnet.com: email, xmpp/jabber
PGP fingerprint (B178313E):
CF18 15FA 9FE4 0CD1 2319 1D77 9AB1 0FFD B178 313E

(also on textsecure & redphone)

[1] https://twitter.com/llorenzin/status/677663294132457472