[j-nsp] juniper hack news

Aaron Dewell aaron.dewell at gmail.com
Sat Dec 26 18:08:00 EST 2015

While that may be completely correct (while not completely provable, it is entirely reasonable to assume it), the immediate question was whether this particular vulnerability affected JunOS also, or only ScreenOS.

The answer to that more narrow question is that it only affects ScreenOS.

I think we can assume that most of the software we use today (Windows, MacOS, IOS, JunOS, Linux, FreeBSD, etc.) all contain some form of government-induced weakness.  Exactly what those are have yet to be discovered.  I for one am confident that they all contain at least one if not many.

However, the question asked only concerned this particular vulnerability, for which JunOS is not affected.  The malicious code in question was introduced into ScreenOS source code and not into JunOS.