[j-nsp] QFX3500 Odd IPv6 ND Problem

Tan Heng Chai admin at sg.gs
Mon Jan 12 02:00:40 EST 2015

Hi J-NSP,

Just wondering if anyone else on the list has a similar issue with
QFX3500 or other Juniper products.

[Host] --- [QFX3500] --- [EX4200]

I have a QFX3500 that constantly has IPv6 neighbors go missing. I run a
constant ping to the QFX3500 from host on the same vlan. "show ipv6
neighbor" entry state goes from reachable -> delay -> probe -> [MISSING]
-> reachable.

This only happens on the QFX3500, the EX4200 which is in the same VLAN
but behind the QFX3500 has no problems, so L2 is fine.

I have 4 QFX3500 running in the network and only this particular node
has this issue, the others which are connected the same way are
perfectly fine. All of them are running 12.3X50-D35.

My next resort is to upgrade to the current recommended 13.2X51-D26 but
that requires conversion to ELS which is a little troublesome as the
switch is at a remote site and I don't have OOB on it. Any feedback
would be appreciated
--

Yours Sincerely,

Tan Heng Chai