[j-nsp] Juniper MX FIB hierarchy

Adam Vitkovsky avitkovsky at gammatelecom.com
Sun Jan 18 07:40:41 EST 2015

Hi folks,

I just came across an interesting info about Juniper's implementation of hierarchical forwarding table i.e.  indirect next hops.
But then I also found chained-composite next hops.
So now I'm not sure how are these two related.
I think the relation between them is:
prefix-->indirect next hop-->chained-composite next hop-->forwarding next hop.

Is my assumption  correct please?

Oh and also is anybody using indirect-next-hop-change-acknowledgements please?

Thanks

adam