[j-nsp] MPLS VPN BGP Local Convergence

Adam Vitkovsky avitkovsky at gammatelecom.com
Mon Jan 26 05:53:52 EST 2015

Thank you very much Phil,

The : http://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/junos14.2/topics/topic-map/layer-3-vpn-pe-edge-protection.html
Is exactly what I meant.
Hopefully it's using the same external-internal multipath principles and just marks the backup path with worse weight i.e. actually programs the backup path into HW for fast failover.

The: http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/en_US/junos12.2/topics/topic-map/mpls-egress-protection-layer-3-vpn-services-configuration.html
Reminds me of some Ahmed Bashandy’s work regarding the LER protection taking place on a penultimate node.
I see this feature can be really appreciated indeed everywhere where there's MPLS hierarchy and the only protocol you can rely on to signal the egress PE router failure is BGP labeled-unicast = slow.

adam