[j-nsp] Basic Implementation of VLAN/LogicalPort across MPLS

Levi Pederson levipederson at mankatonetworks.net
Tue Jul 7 10:00:35 EDT 2015

All,

I've setup an MPLS ring and with your help it's running beautifully. With
it I can easily make port congruence across the MPLS ring with few issues.
For example send a single from one side of the MPLS ring to the other if
the signal lands on a port directly.  I.E a physical interface.

Where I'm having trouble now is landing or starting from a logical
interface such as a VLAN.

For example.

I'm receiving the signal onto a port on PE1 and I need to Add it to a Trunk
Port which is also an aggregate link (ae0 say VLAN 3999).  Each router
currently holds only 1 switched path to each other PE (3 LSPs per device)
 4 Devices total.

My thoughts were to use this

http://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/junos14.1/topics/task/configuration/mpls-l2-circuit-cli.html#jd0e171

That turned out to be incorrect or at least I did something that did not
agree with he system.

My l2circuit attempts seem to not pull up when attempted.

Any help or direction would be appreciated.  I'm not looking for massive
l2VPN or anything like that just the simpler l2circuit

I can provide a diagram and documents for those with a serious request to
help.

Thank you,

*Levi Pederson*
Mankato Networks LLC