[j-nsp] Basic Implementation of VLAN/LogicalPort across MPLS

Ben Dale bdale at comlinx.com.au
Tue Jul 7 19:19:03 EDT 2015

Hi Levi,

> I've setup an MPLS ring and with your help it's running beautifully. With
> it I can easily make port congruence across the MPLS ring with few issues.
> For example send a single from one side of the MPLS ring to the other if
> the signal lands on a port directly.  I.E a physical interface.

Based on your previous email, I’m assuming your transport labels are all RSVP-based.

> Where I'm having trouble now is landing or starting from a logical
> interface such as a VLAN.

For an aggregate interface, make sure you have flexible-ethernet-services configure on the physical interface (or vlan-ccc, but if not all units are going to be l2circuits, then stick with flexible-ethernet-services), and then encapsulation vlan-ccc for all the sub-interfaces you wish to tunnel:

interfaces {
    ae0 {
        aggregated-ether-options {
            lacp {
            active;
        }
        vlan-tagging;
        encapsulation flexible-ethernet-services;
        unit 10 {
            encapsulation vlan-ccc;
            vlan-id 10;
        }
        unit 20 {
            encapsulation vlan-ccc;
            vlan-id 20;
        }
    }
}

To bring up an l2circuit, it’s just a simple matter of assigning and ID to the port, and mapping it to a remote PE:

protocols {
    l2circuit {
        neighbor 1.2.3.4 {    <— the far-side PE loopback where you want the other end of the tunnel to come out
            interface ae0.10 {   <— your local interface
                virtual-circuit-id 10;   <— unique identifier
            }
        }
    }
}