[j-nsp] Cisco ME3600 migration to something with more 10 gig ports

Ivan Ivanov ivanov.ivan at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 11:40:45 EDT 2015

Hi,

Look at newly released PTX1000 from Juniper. It comes with latest J custom
silicon and unlike the first version it comes also with full blow routing.

PTX1000
<https://www.juniper.net/us/en/products-services/routing/ptx-series/ptx1000/>

For cheaper option you can check ACX5000.

ACX5000
<https://www.juniper.net/us/en/products-services/routing/acx-series/acx5000/>

Ivan,

On Mon, Jul 13, 2015 at 3:54 PM, Aaron <aaron1 at gvtc.com> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>

> I'm needing more 10 gig ports in my CO's for purposes of upgrading my FTTH
> OLT shelves with 10 gig.  I currently use Cisco ME3600's and do a lot of
> core ospf, and MP-iBGP over that for MPLS L2VPN's (eline, elan, etree) and
> L3VPN's (VPNv4 and testing VPNv6)
>

> I'm thinking about Cisco ASR920's for (4) 10 gig ports and several (1) gig
> ports.  Would this be good ?
>

> What are some comparable Juniper products that would fit here ?  Is Juniper
> better in that area ?
>

> Aaron

Best Regards!

Ivan Ivanov