[j-nsp] Cisco ME3600 migration to something with more 10 gigports

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Tue Jul 14 08:41:08 EDT 2015

On 14/Jul/15 14:24, Phil Bedard wrote:
> Yeah the PTX1K is a 2.88 Tbps box with 28 100G ports, not exactly
> comparable to a ACX or ASR920 in ports or pricing.  :)  Cisco doesn't
> really have anything comparable to it at the moment. The ACX or MX80
> is what Juniper has that competes with the ASR920.

Except the MX80 is too bit and too pricey, even with the license-based
variants.

The ACX5000 was a reasonable attempt, but that Broadcom chipset is a
liability. As always, Juniper continue to drop the ball on this, and let
all that Metro-E business go to Cisco, Brocade and others. When will
they learn? I'm done beating that horse...

Mark.