[j-nsp] Cisco ME3600 migration to something with more 10 gig ports

Raphael Mazelier raph at futomaki.net
Tue Jul 14 13:44:46 EDT 2015

Le 14/07/15 15:45, Phil Mayers a écrit :

> L3VPN was our use-case; it may or may not do L2VPN, we don't have much
> use for it locally.

If l3vpn is your case you can consider ex4550 (with caution).
I use them as PE with some kind of succes. But.. there is some
limitations you should be aware of :

- the cpu is slow, even the snmp process can kill the control plane if
there is too much polling
- mpls : l2circuit is working, but not l2vpn, nor vpls. l3vpn is working
but the number of routing instance is limited (arround 40 if I remember
correctly. And the big one : no local leaking between routing instance.
Very annoying.
- snmp counter on sub interface (but there are workarround)

Regards,

--
Raphael Mazelier