[j-nsp] Setting CoS bits on ingress frames

Victor Sudakov vas at mpeks.tomsk.su
Thu Jul 30 05:33:13 EDT 2015

Dave Bell wrote:

> I see two potential problems here.
>
> 1) SW2 is doing something weird and bleaching the frames before they
> reach SW3.

No, it is not.

Any COS value I set on Sw1 arrives intact at HostC _unless_ there is
a rewrite-rule on Sw3 on egress. I thought I made it clear enough.

Sw2 is above all suspicion. Whatever arrives through its trunk port,
leaves intact through another trunk port.

> 2) As you don't have a classifier on your ingress interface,

I do have classifiers on Sw1 and Sw3. In fact I have classifiers on
any access port where the client traffic (from HostA or HostB) enters
the network. You can see that on the diagram.

> To fix this one, you need a classifier on ingress. Try something like
> the following:

On which switch/interface do you suggest putting this classifier?

--
Victor Sudakov,  VAS4-RIPE, VAS47-RIPN
sip:sudakov at sibptus.tomsk.ru