[j-nsp] Juniper 10G Switch Options

Joe Freeman joe at netbyjoe.com
Thu Jun 4 09:38:03 EDT 2015

Keep in mind the QFX5100 doesn't support evpn or vpls. To do vpls right
now, we're having to l2vpn back to an MX tunnel interface and stitch into a
bridge domain. It's not pretty but so far it has worked. We've got our
fingers crossed that evpn is coming soon.

Also, the 5100's apparently aren't using ASICs, or at least aren't using an
ASIC on the interfaces that will support flexible-ethernet-services. What
this means is that I can't L2 switch a customer on the same QFX interface
that I'm either A) Terminating another customer at L3 (l3 vpn for example),
or B) Doing a vlan-ccc/l2circuit/l2vpn connection on. This means there are
some use cases (p2p ethernet circuits between olt's in the same CO for
instance) that may require more than 1 port between the QFX and the olt.

Joe