[j-nsp] Juniper 10G Switch Options

Raphael Mazelier raph at futomaki.net
Thu Jun 4 09:51:27 EDT 2015

Le 04/06/15 15:19, Colton Conor a écrit :
> We need a Juniper switch with at least 24 built in SFP+ ports. Looks like
> Juniper has a ton of options including the EX4500, EX4550, EX4600, and the
> QFX line which I don't know much about. This switch will be for aggregation
> purposes for an access network that has GPON OLT's with 10G uplinks on
> them. What do you recommend? Which has the latest hardware? Which is the
> most cost effective? Any limitations to be aware of?

EX4600/QFX5100 are relatively new switchs, and use newer asics. I can
say there were not completly bug free... But the situation is moving
fastly and newer release fix a log of bugs. But they have 40G ports and
higher density than EX4550.

EX4550 in the other hand are not perfect, but stable and less expensive.
For aggregation swithes with only 10G ports I will go with EX4550.

--
Raphael Mazelier