[j-nsp] MX104 Limitations

Raphael Mazelier raph at futomaki.net
Wed Jun 24 11:36:25 EDT 2015

Hello,

I have no the full knowledge to disccussall of the points above, but the
real point is where you come from ? mx80 ? and why you need an upgrade
to (say) mx104 ?

And for what I know:

1. MX104 like MX80 have no SBC, true. They are integrated router.
So no redundancy on this point.

2. Yes.

8. If true it could be a real problem.BFD could be a huge resource consumer.

10. MX104 is an hardenned router. So the chassis can operate with a
larger range than the MX80. But this is not the sole use case of mx104.
So if you want to use it in a hard environnement you have to buy the
good card. Seems logic to me.

11. What the point if the chassis is correcltly cooled ?

The other points are really for special use case. If you need this kinds
of feature you have to carefully test any router you want to use.

Regards,