[j-nsp] CoS buffer size

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Wed Jun 24 16:05:44 EDT 2015

On 24 June 2015 at 22:29, Dan Peachey <dan at illusionnetworks.com> wrote:

Hey,

> I thought the weights were determined by the %? The weights are then used
> to schedule the queues appropriately. Even if the queues are in excess,
> they should be weighted correctly?

I tested this when Trio came out, and couldn't get QoS working,
because my AFB class was congesting my BE class fully. Solution was to
configure guaranteed-rate==shaping-rate, at which point the
percentages were honoured. This is actually what DPCE generation did
by default. I think the reason for grate being 0 by default, is
because trio supports additional level of shaping, in which use-case
it may make sense.

As I recall you can oversub grate, but I can't recall testing it (For
my scenarios, majority of traffic is non-qos traffic, so it's not an
issue either way).

--
  ++ytti