[j-nsp] VLAN based l2circuit between MX and cisco 7600

Jackson, William william.jackson at gibtele.com
Thu Jun 25 09:57:39 EDT 2015

Hi

Having a slight problem with getting a vlan based l2circuit up against a cisco 7600

I have the following setup:

|remote CPE|------|External Provider|-------|MX|---------|MPLS NETWORK|------------|Cisco|--------|Local CPE|

I am running a QinQ setup on my Local CPE, this is a cisco switch that does dot1q tunnelling and uses ethertype 0x8100
In this example I am using S-VLAN 1750.

On my cisco I am grabbing that VLAN 1750 and putting it into an xconnect towards the remote MX

interface GigabitEthernet3/28
mtu 2000
no ip address
load-interval 30
no cdp enable
spanning-tree bpdufilter enable
service instance 3 ethernet
  encapsulation dot1q 1750
  l2protocol forward
  xconnect y.y.y.y 1750 encapsulation mpls
!

At the MX I am passing the frames to the External provider for delivery.

ge-1/1/0 {
    flexible-vlan-tagging;
    mtu 2000;
    encapsulation flexible-ethernet-services;
    unit 1750 {
        encapsulation vlan-ccc;
        vlan-id 1750;
    }
}

protocols l2circuit neighbor x.x.x.x {
    interface ge-1/1/0.1750 {
        virtual-circuit-id 1750;
        no-control-word;
        mtu 2000;
        encapsulation-type ethernet-vlan;
        ignore-encapsulation-mismatch;
        ignore-mtu-mismatch;
    }
}

It would seem that at the moment the customer at each end is sending me untagged traffic. Thus I only have a single vlan tag of 1750 on the traversing frames.

I am seeing my L2Circuit/XConnect up and I can perform a successful MPLS ping from the Cisco
But not seeing the data plane working.

I have temporarily changed the config to POP/PUSH the VLAN tag on the MX and rewrite pop symmetrical on the cisco so that untagged frames traverse the L2Circuit.
And the data plane is working with this setup, so I guess it's a problem with the VLAN tagging side of things.

Having spoken to JTAC the Config on the MX seems fine.

Any ideas about the overall Circuit or what I am missing on the Cisco?

Many thanks