[j-nsp] MTU mismatch between EX4200 and EX4500 / OSPF3 adjacencies

Chuck Anderson cra at WPI.EDU
Mon Mar 2 12:56:35 EST 2015

On Mon, Mar 02, 2015 at 06:05:18PM +0100, Laurent CARON wrote:
> We clearly see a MTU mismatch (1500 vs 150*4* for inet6 on the 4200
> side) leading to OSPF adjacencies not coming up.
>
> Setting:
> set interfaces ae26 mtu 1518
> on the 4200 side allows to have the OSPF adjacencies up.
>
> Did you guys experience such bahavior ?
>
> 4200 are running 12.3R8.7
> 4500 is running 12.3R7.7

I do not have an answer to your question, but this is one reason I
always configure family inet mtu 1500 and family inet6 mtu 1500.  Then
you can set the physical mtu as high as you want to accomodate
multiple VLAN tags, MPLS, etc. without worrying.