[j-nsp] Juniper MX and VZ FIOS question

Chris Evans chrisccnpspam2 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 17:34:30 EST 2015

I'm a FIOS user and they use Juniper MX in many locations (along with E
series in older installs) and I'm curious of a typical configuration they'd
be using. WIth FIOS I just have a straight ethernet connection, no logging
in, no providing user information, etc..

So since i'm not logging in would that still be a BRAS configuration?
Also they have a feature enabled that poisons ARP entries if you try to put
a box on the wire that has a different IP than what your DHCP lease is
given you. What feature would that be?

Very curious how they'd do this. I've only worked with JUNOS boxes in the
enterprise so I don't have experience with features like this.