[j-nsp] vSRX Cluster ip-monitoring secondary address

Sukhjit Hayre sukhjit.hayre at googlemail.com
Mon Mar 16 08:22:30 EDT 2015

I'm confused on where to physically or logically assign this address.

I have declared my secondary address in the ip-monitoring stanza but the connected Router is receiving quite a few ARPs from this address because it's trying to ICMP for IP-monitoring purposes

Issue is where do I expect the ARP to be received back on by Node1 as I can see the reth1 child physical mac is being used to source the ARP and I can the Router reply back to this MAC address

The source address from the primary reth1 (node0) is ICMP'd fine but not the secondary this causes issues down the line as the ip-monitoring pre-check fails hence the node1 chassis is not ready to take the data-plane for one of my redundancy-groups in this case RG1

Any pointers on this would be appreciated