[j-nsp] EX2200 LLDP Port Info

Bill Blackford bblackford at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 13:16:28 EDT 2015

The EX2200 is reporting it's port info differently. If an interface
description is present, the port info displays what is in the descr.(akin
to ifAlias) If an interface description is not present, then the actual
interface is displayed (akin to ifName)

Example 1. from an EX4200 showing neighbor of EX2200

Local Interface    Parent Interface    Chassis Id          Port info
   System Name
ge-0/0/24.0        ae24.0              <mac removed>   _AE0_
 XXX-2A-04-S1

Example 2. from the same EX4200 shoeing neighbor of EX4550. the EX4550 has
an interface descr.

Local Interface    Parent Interface    Chassis Id          Port info
   System Name
xe-0/1/0.0         ae48.0              <mac removed>   xe-0/0/31.0
 AR01.XXX

Example 3. The same EX2200 as in ex. 1,  with the descr removed.

Local Interface    Parent Interface    Chassis Id          Port info
   System Name
ge-0/0/24.0        ae24.0              <mac removed>   ge-0/1/0.0
   XXX-2A-04-S1

Seems to be undesired behavior. So, far I have not found anything in the
release notes that would indicate a fix. any thoughts on this from the
group?

Thank you,

-b

--
Bill Blackford

Logged into reality and abusing my sudo privileges.....