[j-nsp] EX2200 LLDP Port Info

Luca Salvatore luca at digitalocean.com
Fri Mar 27 10:34:02 EDT 2015

We have submitted a feature request with juniper for this very issue.
It has changed to reporting the description in more recent versions, as
well as on QFX devices.
Reporting the interface description is pretty useless, i'd much rather see
the interface name.

On Thu, Mar 26, 2015 at 1:16 PM, Bill Blackford <bblackford at gmail.com>
wrote:

> The EX2200 is reporting it's port info differently. If an interface
> description is present, the port info displays what is in the descr.(akin
> to ifAlias) If an interface description is not present, then the actual
> interface is displayed (akin to ifName)
>

> Example 1. from an EX4200 showing neighbor of EX2200
>
> Local Interface    Parent Interface    Chassis Id          Port info
>    System Name
> ge-0/0/24.0        ae24.0              <mac removed>   _AE0_
>  XXX-2A-04-S1
>

> Example 2. from the same EX4200 shoeing neighbor of EX4550. the EX4550 has
> an interface descr.
>
> Local Interface    Parent Interface    Chassis Id          Port info
>    System Name
> xe-0/1/0.0         ae48.0              <mac removed>   xe-0/0/31.0
>  AR01.XXX
>

> Example 3. The same EX2200 as in ex. 1,  with the descr removed.
>
> Local Interface    Parent Interface    Chassis Id          Port info
>    System Name
> ge-0/0/24.0        ae24.0              <mac removed>   ge-0/1/0.0
>    XXX-2A-04-S1
>

> Seems to be undesired behavior. So, far I have not found anything in the
> release notes that would indicate a fix. any thoughts on this from the
> group?
>
> Thank you,
>
> -b
>

> --
> Bill Blackford
>
> Logged into reality and abusing my sudo privileges.....

Luca Salvatore
Network Engineer
Cell: +1 (929) 214-7242
Desk: +1 (347) 305-4030