[j-nsp] Rewriting customer DSCP with MPLS EXP

Antti Ristimäki antti.ristimaki at csc.fi
Sat Mar 28 12:03:21 EDT 2015

Hi,

> I can't seem to understand why this is happening. The thing I see is
> default exp classification is this:
>

> run show class-of-service classifier type exp name exp-default
> Classifier: exp-default, Code point type: exp, Index: 10
>   Code point         Forwarding class                    Loss priority
>   000                BE                                  low
>   001                BE                                  high
>   010                REALTIME                            low
>   011                REALTIME                            high
>   100                VIDEO                               low
>   101                VIDEO                               high
>   110                CRITICAL                            low
>   111                CRITICAL                            high
>

> In default exp classifier, marking of 101 goes to VIDEO, not REALTIME.
> But as you can see I have the correct configuration on all interfaces...or
> do I?

Just a guess: do you have vrf-table-label configured? If you have, at
egress PE the packet is logically received by LSI interface, so you
should apply your EXP classifier to those interfaces, too. This can be
accomplished by adding something like "set class-of-service
routing-instances <vrf> classifiers exp BA-exp".

AR