[j-nsp] JTAC Recommended Junos Software Versions Old?

Phil Rosenthal pr at isprime.com
Fri May 1 15:35:54 EDT 2015

We were hit by this.

13.3R4 is safe from this issue, and 13.3R6 is apparently fixed but we
have not yet upgraded.

I believe the issue is related to minor differences in hardware
because we do not have problems with 13.3R5 on any routers except for
one, which has essentially identical hardware and software to the
others.

The issue takes approximately 48 hours to present itself, and was very
obvious when it was happening.

Power off / power on of the effected MPC will recover it temporarily.

We ran into this with MX960 and the 32x10 MPC4.

Regards,
-Phil