[j-nsp] Conditionally Generating Default Routes

Bill Blackford bblackford at gmail.com
Fri May 8 14:39:13 EDT 2015

I'm trying to engineer a simple solution to generate a default route. My
initial approach is to generate based on the existence of a prefix in my
FIB received via an BGP announcement as my "contributing route". If this
prefix goes away, my "aggregate" default route is withdrawn. I've labbed
this up and it works as expected.

Knowing that CIDR lengths may change, I'm using a shorter prefix than what
is currently being announced and adding a "orlonger" in an attempt to adapt
to this.

Is there a BCP in this scenario? A stable (non changing) CIDR block? Does
Team CYMRU offer this? Is there a better solution to achieve the same
objective?

Thank you for any thoughts.

-b

--
Bill Blackford

Logged into reality and abusing my sudo privileges.....